Associate Professor of Computer Christopher W. Clifton
Company: Purdue University
Department: Department of Computer Sciences
Email: clifton AT cs DOT purdue DOT edu
Business Address: 305 , Department of Computer Sciences, Purdue University,, N. University Street, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907-2107, USA
Dr. Clifton works on challenges posed by novel uses of data mining technology, including privacy-preserving data mining, data mining of text, and data mining techniques applied to interoperation of heterogeneous information sources. He has worked on AI Security (both impact of AI on security, and use of AI techniques to improve security) since the mid-1990's. He also works on database support for widely distributed and autonomously controlled information, particularly information administration issues such as supporting fine-grained access control.
Prior to joining Purdue, Dr. Clifton was a principal scientist in the Information Technology Division at the MITRE Corporation. Before joining MITRE in 1995, he was an assistant professor of computer science at Northwestern University. He obtained his Ph.D. in Computer Science from Princeton University in 1991, and Bachelor's and Master's from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1986.
Author of 7 resources
- Mummoorthy Murugesan, Wei Jiang, Christopher W. Clifton, Luo Si, Jaideep Vaidya, "Efficient Privacy-Preserving Similar Document Detection", Article, The VLDB Journal, January 16, 2010, 582 downloads.
- Christopher W. Clifton, Mummoorthy Murugesan, "Disclosure-free Discovery of Related Documents", Presentation, September 18, 2009, 925 downloads.
- Christopher W. Clifton, Mummoorthy Murugesan, ""Providing Privacy through Plausibly Deniable Search"", Article, 2009 SIAM International Conference on Data Mining (SDM09), April 30, 2009, 452 downloads.
- Klemens Böhm, Thorben Burghardt, Erik Buchmann, Christopher W. Clifton, "Collaborative Search and User Privacy -- How Can They Be Reconciled?", InProceedings, The 4th International Conference on Collaborative Computing: Networking, Applications and Worksharing (CollaborateCom 2008), November 13, 2008.
- Mummoorthy Murugesan, Christopher W. Clifton, "Plausibly Deniable Search", InProceedings, Proceedings of the Workshop on Secure Knowledge Management (SKM 2008), November 03, 2008, 1221 downloads.
- Hillol Kargupta, Christopher W. Clifton, Jiawei Han, "MURI — Information Management Group", Presentation, September 13, 2008, 2249 downloads.
- Christopher W. Clifton, "Disclosure-free Discovery of Related Documents", Presentation, December 31, 1969.