Associate Professor ChengXiang Zhai
Company: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Department: Department of Computer Science
Email: czhai AT cs DOT uiuc DOT edu
Business Address: 2116 Siebel Center, Urbana, IL 61801-2302, USA
ChengXiang Zhai is an Associate Professor of Computer Science at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, where he also holds a joint appointment at the Institute for Genomic Biology, Statistics, and the Graduate School of Library and Information Science. He received a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Nanjing University in 1990, and a Ph.D. in Language and Information Technologies from Carnegie Mellon University in 2002. He worked at Clairvoyance Corp. as a Research Scientist and, later, a Senior Research Scientist from 1997 to 2000. His research interests include information retrieval, text mining, natural language processing, machine learning, and bioinformatics. He serves on the editorial boards of ACM Transactions on Information Systems and Information Retrieval Journal , and is a program co-chair of ACM CIKM 2004 , NAACL HLT 2007, and ACM SIGIR 2009. He received the 2004 Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE), the ACM SIGIR 2004 Best Paper Award, and an Alfred P. Sloan Research Fellowship in 2008,
Author of 5 resources
- Hyun Duk Kim, ChengXiang Zhai, Jiawei Han, "Aggregation of Multiple Judgments for Evaluating Ordered Lists", Proceedings, Proceedings of the 2010 European Conference on Information Retrieval, March 01, 2010, 143 downloads.
- Yintao Yu, Cindy Xide Lin, Yizhou Sun, Chen Chen, Jiawei Han, Binbin Liao, Tianyi Wu, ChengXiang Zhai, Duo Zhang, Bo Zhao, "iNextCube: Information Network-Enhanced Text Cube", Demonstration, 2009 Int. Conf. on Very Large Data Bases, August 21, 2009, 414 downloads.
- Duo Zhang, ChengXiang Zhai, Jiawei Han, "Topic Cube: Topic Modeling for OLAP on Multidimensional Text Databases", Proceedings, 2009 SIAM Int. Conf. on Data Mining (SDM'09), April 30, 2009.
- Deng Cai, Qiaozhu Mei, ChengXiang Zhai, "Modeling Hidden Topics on Document Manifold", Article, 2008 ACM Conf. on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM'08), Napa Valley, CA, October 15, 2008, 420 downloads.
- ChengXiang Zhai, "Summarization of Contradictory Opinions", Presentation, December 31, 1969, 1408 downloads.