Dr. Lada Adamic
Email: ladamic AT umich DOT edu
Lada A. Adamic is an assistant professor in the School of Information and the Center for the Study of Complex Systems at the University of Michigan. Her research interests center on information dynamics in networks: how information diffuses, how it can be found, and how it influences the evolution of a network's structure. She worked previously in Hewlett-Packard's Information Dynamics Lab. Her projects have included indentifying expertise in online question answer forums, studying the dynamics of viral marketing, and characterizing the structure in blogs and other online communities.
Author of 10 resources
- Chun-Yuen Teng, Debra Lauterbach, Lada Adamic, "I rate you. You rate me. Should we do so publicly?", InProceedings, Proc. of the 3rd Workshop on Online Social Networks (WOSN 2010), June 22, 2010, 242 downloads.
- Eytan Bakshy, Matthew P. Simmons, David Huffaker, Chun-Yuen Teng, Lada Adamic, "The Social Dynamics of Economic Activity in a Virtual World", InProceedings, Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Weblogs and Social Media (ICWSM), May 23, 2010, 499 downloads.
- Lada Adamic, Xiao Wei, Jiang Yang, Sean Gerrish, Kevin K Nam, Gavin Clarkson, "Individual focus and knowledge contribution", Article, First Monday, March 01, 2010, 385 downloads.
- Debra Lauterbach, Hung Truong, Tanuj Shah, Lada Adamic, "Surfing a web of trust: reputation and reciprocity on CouchSurfing.com", InProceedings, International Symposium on Social Intelligence and Networking, August 29, 2009.
- Eytan Bakshy, Brian Karrer, Lada Adamic, "Social Influence and the Diffusion of User Created Content", InProceedings, ACM Conference on Electronic commerce, July 06, 2009, 628 downloads.
- Lada Adamic, "The Social Hyperlink", Presentation, June 29, 2009.
- Xaolin shi, Belle Tseng, Lada Adamic, "Information Diffusion in Computer Science Citation Networks", Poster, International AAAI Conference on Weblogs and Social Media, May 17, 2009, 461 downloads.
- Kevin K Nam, Mark S Ackerman, Lada Adamic, "Questions in, Knowledge iN? A Study of Naver’s Question Answering Community", InProceedings, Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, CHI 09, April 04, 2009, 875 downloads.
- Lada Adamic, "Social Computing and Incentivized Sharing", Presentation, September 12, 2008, 909 downloads.
- Lada Adamic, "Expertise Networks: structure and algorithms", Poster, September 11, 2008, 853 downloads.